Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spanish Chicken Casserole


Today, I have a recipe for you! This is one of our favorites in this household, and I love it, because I can make it on a weekend (I usually make 2 and freeze one), and we can have it for the first part of the week. :)

This was passed down to me from my Son's Grandmother, and it is delicious!! I hope that you will try it!! 

EL HOMBRE  

Ingredients:

  • 2 Cups of Cooked, shredded Chicken (when I am lazy I use a rotisserie Chicken)
  • 1 bag of Large Flour tortillas cut in half (I use my Pizza Cutter!)
  • 2 cans of black beans
  • 2 packages of cooked Spanish Rice
  • 1/4 C of Milk
  • 2 C of Sour Cream
  • 1 Chicken Bullion Cube
  • 4 Cups of Shredded Cheese
Add Shredded Chicken and black Beans
Place one more layer of tortilla halves for the Top.



Ingredients White Cheese Sauce


 


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Use a 13x9 casserole Dish

Layer the bottom of pan with 4 tortilla halves  (I put flat part of tortilla against sides)
Spread Spanish Rice around entire bottom layer (as pictured)

 


Layer again with Tortilla Halves



Next you will make your White Cheese Sauce. 

In a Sauce Pan, on a low heat, combine sour cream, and milk. 

While this is heating, I put one chicken builion cube in 1/8 cups of water, and place in the microwave for 2 minutes (If you haven't noticed, I LOVE shortcuts!! I love to cook, but I don't want to do it all day:) Stir to ensure it has completely dissolved in hot water. 

Add Builion Stock and Cheese (I use pre-shredded fiesta blend) to the sauce and leave on a low heat. 

Once your sauce is entirely mixed, and cheese is melted, pour onto top of Mexican casserole. (Pictured Below)


Place in oven about 25 minutes, or until top is a golden brown (pictured below)


Let stand about 5-8 minutes and serve with Shredded Lettuce and Tomato on each slice! :) 

No comments:

Savvy Moms KC Top 7